The budget package up for a vote this afternoon and Wednesday include $990 million in new taxes. They are:
– Personal income surcharge of at least 2 percent of individuals making at least $60,000.
– Corporate income tax surcharge.
– Sales tax increase of 1 percent.
– Charging sales tax on digital products
– Online “click-through” sales tax.
– Cigarette tax increase of 10 cents per pack.
– Other tobacco products tax increase.
– Beer increase of eight-tenths of a cent per can (4.8 cents per six-pack).
– Wine increase of 4 cents per bottle.
– Liquor tax increase of 5 percent.
Click here to see the budget being debated by the General Assembly.