The Senate has elected eight members to the University of North Carolina Board of Governors.
Those elected are:
– W. Louis Bissette, Jr. of Asheville, an attorney.
– Fred Eshelman of Wilmington, executive chairman and founder of Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc.
– John C. Fennebresque of Charlotte, an attorney with McGuireWoods LLP.
– Ann B. Goodnight of Cary, director of community relations for SAS Institute.
– H. Frank Grainger of Cary, an officer and part-owner of Fair Products Inc. and Tritest Environmental Lab.
– Peter D. Hans of Raleigh, senior policy advisor with Nelson Mullins Law Firm.
– Thomas J. Harrelson of Southport, vice president of AECOM.
– Phillip D. Walker of Hickory, senior vice president for BB&T.
The UNC Board of Governors is made up of 32 members, 16 of which are elected by the General Assembly (eight from the House and eight from the Senate).